cycletrip2006 Belgium to Italy via Germany, Switzerland,Austria and Slovenia

Monday, June 26, 2006

Nesslewang (The town I couldnt leave), Electric Storms and Fussen

the view from the bridge by Ludwigs Castle...
this lad worked in a youth hostel and talked a few Oz girls into coming out with us for a late night drinking session.
bike starting to get it a bit... the crank cover cracked as I took a hill and went into the side of the road... bikes holding up great in general tho... I have no complaints.
one of the many lakes around Fussen.
ermmm... I didnt stay.
another storm brewing... some good lightening here..!
glad to have reached the place were Id seen so many pictures of..!!!
the fairy tale castle at Fussen of Mad King Ludwig II. The interior was unreal... the guy was a mentalist..!!! :)
I camped wild behind her house one evening, but the weather turned really bad in the middle of the night and two lightening storms passed over. the tent got completely soked thru, me gear gor wrecked and at one point, I ran out into the lashing night in just my shorts, as a bolt went off so loud or close that the back of my neck went a bit "funny" and I had a girly panic attack. I hid in someones basement with a bloody big rat for over an hour then tried to find my way back to the tent in pitch black. then the second storm came over. suffice to say I got absolutley no sleep and was a bit shook up in the morning. I can laugh it now, but at the time by myself it was a tad hairy...
this was her father photo studio in the basement.
i spent a few days in Nesslewang and got invited to her parents place where they cooked up a fantastic BBQ and plied me with Weiss beer... its a hard job, but someone had to do it... they were all really kind and went out their way to see I had enough (beer)
Miriam was helping her father with some shots and I got talkin got her and we arranged to meet for ice cream and crazy golf after she finished.
one of the photoshoot shots...

Nesslewang was just another little town Id normally cycle on through, but as I past by, I noticed a photo shoot on the roadside as it was a holiday for dressing in traditional clothing around Bavaria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home